What Makes Amazing Content?
Content is a top-of-the-funnel offering that builds trust, bolsters brand recognition, and can spur your target audience to secure your services. Rouse your customers with these prime content marketing guidelines.
What Defines Quality Content?
Quality content begins with effective and thorough research with various tools to gain insight into what your customers care about and what allows a business to most effectively communicate value to those readers. After you gather this information, explore and plan various methods to deploy the content.
Content Research Approaches:
- Explore posts that use social media hashtags relevant to your business.
Study people’s comments on your social media posts and/or ads and those of your competitors and others in your industry niche
- Explore PPC advertising engagement analytics: click-through rates, shares, and conversions (whatever key action is most relevant to your business, e.g., leads, purchases, sign-ups, etc.).
- Sign up with a platform such as BuzzSumo or Ahrefs to study content analytics, and glean keen insight into what works for you.
- Ask in-person customers about what matters most to them.
- Look at competitors’ content to see what topics they’ve focused on and identify opportunities to craft something better.
Developing Content Efficiently
Content development best practices that we recommend include:
- Create an initial content outline based on your research and map out the key information you want to relay.
- For long-form content, such as blogs or newsletters, pay particular attention to what internal links you want to embed in your copy to encourage clicks to important places on your website. This is more important as email analytics shift towards clicks.
- If using someone else’s data or images, show some love and include a mention with a link to the primary source.
- When you have your content ready, review it for spelling/grammatical errors, as well as visual inconsistencies→ you’d be amazed how many people don’t seem to prove things before they go out to customers.
How to Share Content with Customers
Once you have crafted core content, it’s time to strategize rollouts.
Recommended Promotional Approaches:
- Start small and scale up as you go.
- Experiment early on and learn from those experiences.
- Use free online tools such as Canva and Mailchimp for visual assets. As you scale up, seek out expert help like the DAVID.MARKET team for strategy and brand building, digital advertising, SEO optimization, and web design and development.
- Ensure your content aligns with your business’s voice and branding elements.
- Be consistent in rolling out content—make every effort to keep it regularly going for at least a few months.
Content Distribution Methods:
- Social Posts
- Press Releases